Consecration of Jacobite Church bishop’s house tomorrow

  • Chandy Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Consecration of Jacobite Church bishop’s house tomorrow
      (The Hindu dt 1 Nov 2007)
      Catholicos Baselios Thomas I to lead consecration service
      Mathew T. Thomas to inaugurate public meeting
      PATHANAMTHITTA: The consecration of the newly-constructed headquarters of the Niranom diocese of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church and bishop’s house at Mazhuvangad in the Thiruvalla municipal limits will be held on Friday.

      Addressing a press conference at Thiruvalla on Tuesday, Niranom diocesan Metropolitan Geevarghese Mor Coorilos and diocesan secretary Fr. Mathew Philip said the new bishop’s house had been constructed at a cost of Rs.40 lakh.

      Catholicos Baselios Thomas I will lead the consecration service at 3 p.m. on Friday. Synod secretary Joseph Mor Gregorios and Mor Coorilos will be the co-celebrants. Transport Minister Mathew T. Thomas will inaugurate a public meeting to be held later. The Catholicos will preside over the meeting. Mar Thoma Church Metropolitan Joseph Mar Thoma, Archbishop Thomas Mar Coorilos of the Malankara Catholic Church in Thiruvalla, Joseph Mor Gregorios, Bishop Sam Mathew of the Church of South India and municipal chairman R. Jayakumar will address the gathering.

      http://www.hindu.com/2007/11/01/stories/2007110151550300.htm

      C S Samuel, Kumarakom
      Kottayam