Re: Temptations

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 11:14 PM
      Dear Aji

      I'm sure there are many ways to approach this question, but I always
      like to ask people the following question: what took place
      immediately after Christ's baptism? I have yet to have anyone give me
      the correct answer -- He was tempted. And he was tempted with the
      ultimate temptation, to use his divine power for Good without giving
      his flock the free will to choose. He was offered political power
      over the world, if you will, to rule it -- in order to make it
      better. This is the best method of seduction that Satan can use
      against us, and is the cause of the one unforgivable sin -- to
      exercise religous power over another in a way that deprives him of
      his freedom. So the Father you cite makes sense when we realize that
      Christ was tempted far more than you or I, and yet was victorious by
      His obedience to His Father -- so we can be too.

      But we can go back to Creation if we like and arrive at the same
      answer -- What kind of God would create a world that He knew He would
      have to save? The answer is a mystery to us, but in asking the
      question, it at least puts the problem of temptation in its proper
      perspective, as necessary to our salvation.

      I'm sure there are others who approach this question differently, and
      probably have more convincing answers.

      In Our Lords Love
      Thomas Daniel (Reji)