No More College Poli-Tricks

  • Fr. Jomy Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2007
      I would like to place my heartfelt condolence to the bereaved family of Mr. Elias who has sacrificed his life for the (so-called)student politics.

      What Mr. Lijo Mathew has pointed is an absolute truth, its high high time to reflect on the student politics. We had had paid a high price for the student politics. How many students lost their lives?. How many still remain? What Mr. M.A. Baby the Hon. Minister for Education told is absolute false, i.e. if there is no student union, the students will fall prey to the Mafia. (Who builds Mafia is a question to be asked?) In Colleges, there are NCC, and each Depts. have their own association, let the students work under this umbrella. There is a well arranged student wing under YMCA University YMCA or Uni-Y), that works for the betterment of the society. There are handful of organisations that which not come under the purview of political parties, let the students express their talents in these oranisations. What we can see in today`s Indian politics is loyalty towards Politcal Masters and not to the nation, and I think nothing differ in student politics too.

      Many of our leaders visited foreign countries to study about so many things (but will not implement is a fact). I urge the leaders of the nation to visit the foreign universities and study about their modes operandi. Here in Europe, we cannot see student politics, that doesn't mean they will grow without politics. Here the students have to do one year compulsory social work or military service. (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). They too grow in politics but not in violent politics but as a real citizen with responsibilities. Politics is meant for the betterment of the nation and not for the chairs of the political leaders.

      Fr. Jomy Joseph
      Switzerland