Monastic Spirituality - The Syrian Orthodox Tradition in Turkey

  • Michael Kelly OSB
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2007
      Monastic Spirituality - The Syrian Orthodox Tradition in Turkey

      by Michael Kelly OSB

      A recompense for the disadvantage of distance in travelling from Australia to Europe is the ability to stop en route in any number of fascinating places. I thus took the opportunity in September, 1998, while going to Italy for a meeting of the formators of our Congregation, to fulfil an ambition to visit Turkey with its rich early Christian associations. A further incentive was my learning the previous year of extant Syrian Orthodox monasteries in the country dating back to the fourth century (1).

      To read more:- http://www.socdigest.org/articles/03oct07.html