A thought for all of us.

  • Georgey Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2007
      A thought for all of us.

      In any given day we speak thousands of words. How many of these are good words that hold a good purpose. God hears each and every word you speak. They are all recorded. He desires for you to speak good words full of life. Words that He would speak. “But I say to you that for EVERY idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the Day of Judgment” (Matthew 12:36).

      Idle words are ‘useless’ words. Gossipers speak useless words that have no benefit. Our words are to be blessing to others. We can either speak life or death with tongue. It is important to understand the power of our tongue because it could work in our favor or against us. We ought to think before we speak.

      God gave us the ability to speak. His intention was that we speak for good, not for evil. “With tongue, we bless our God the Father and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and curse. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring send forth both fresh and bitter water from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both saltwater and fresh” (James 3:9-12).

      It is our mouth and so it is our decision what we want to use it for. Our tongue can do great damage just like a spark can set a whole forest on fire. It just takes a few bad words to do much damage and cause hurt. The truth is no man can tame the tongue. It takes cooperation with the Holy Spirit to tame a human tongue. Your future depends on your ability to control your tongue. Allow the Holy Spirit to help you. God will teach you what to say and what not to say.

      God Bless All.
      Georgey
      ID # 3084