Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1440 , Oct 2, 2007
      "The mind should seek spiritual food. This consists of reading the Divine Scriptures, the acquisition of the virtues, the fulfilling of the Lord's commandments, sacred prayer, the spiritual and Divine thoughts contained in the books of the God-inspired Fathers, especially of those called Wakeful, such as the 'Philokalia,' 'Evergetinos,' the writings of Climacos, of Symeon the New Theologian, and of others."

      St. Nicodemos the Hagiorite.

      "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:14
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1440 of 1440 , Jul 29

        "The Word of God then itself endured all in the flesh, while His divine nature which alone was passionless remained void of passion. For since the one Christ, Who is a compound of divinity and humanity, and exists in divinity and humanity, truly suffered, that part which is capable of passion suffered as it was natural it should, but that part which was void of passion did not share in the suffering. For the soul, indeed, since it is capable of passion shares in the pain and suffering of a bodily cut, though it is not cut itself but only the body: but the divine part which is void of passion does not share in the suffering of the body."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all god."  Psalm 135:5

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad