Re: Kai Kooppy Nilkuka

  • Malpan
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 26 3:52 AM
      Shlomo

      Remaining with arms folded across the chest (except when you have to make the sign of the Holy Cross and bent your heads in response to the entreaties of the Deacon) is the general practice in our Holy Church when attending a Holy Qurbono. "Kai Kooppy Nilkuka" - that is simply a form of greeting in general usage and, in a religious context, it simply signifies devotion and worship.

      The Holy Mysteries are the Holy Body and the Holy Blood of our Lord And God Jesus Christ.

      In the Middle East, - the Clergy and the Laity - all stand with arms stretched out almost horizontal to the ground when the Holy Mysteries are brought by the Celebrant to the west of the Holy Altar, and it symbolically indicates that they receive the Holy Mysteries with faith.

      In our country, India, remaining with arms folded across the chest or "Kai Kooppy" could be the best posture suggested, indicating a sense of devotion and worship.

      Whatever the posture (decent and civilised - of course), standing with a sense of devotion and worship with faith is the most important thing. And I do not think that it is a sin to stand "Kai Kooppy" before the Holy Mysteries as long as it is with devotion. Also I do not think that "Kai Kooppy Nilkuka" is purely a Syrian tradition; but neither is it a "purely any other sections
      tradition". We have accepted many practices of the non Christians in India (eg. "thalikettu" during Holy Matrimony) that are not against our faith; "Kai Kooppy Nilkuka" with faith and devotion could also be one such accepted practice.

      Hope this clarifies your query.

      Thanks.
      May God bless you.
      Malpan
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators