Read The Bible

  • Saju Varghese
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 26, 2007
      Greetings!

      Read The Bible

      1 TIMOTHY 4:13
      13 Till I come, give attention to the reading of the holy Writings, to comforting the saints, and to teaching.

      HEBREWS 4:12
      12 For the word of God is living and full of power. . .

      There is no substitute for the basics.

      The words of God recorded in the Bible are containers. They contain ideas from God. They contain life. When those words enter us through our eyes, ears, or our thinking, they impart life and faith.

      Even if we don't understand everything, we are still receiving a deposit of life from the Word.

      JOHN 6:63
      63 . . . The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

      Many Christian believers are weak in their faith simply because they do not take in much of the Word of God.

      If you spend hours each day listening to, watching, and thinking about the news and views of the world, but you only listen (half-heartedly) to a twenty minute sermon on Sunday -- you should not be surprised if your faith is weak and the influence of the world is great in your life.

      The choice is yours. Yes, you are busy, but you can, and do, make time for what you think is important.

      Fortunately, today there are many aids we can take advantage of. You can read the Bible online, and be reminded each day by an email. You can obtain recordings of Bible translations to listen to while you drive or exercise or work.

      "But what should I read? The Bible is so big."

      All of the Bible is instructive and worthwhile. However, the New Testament, and specifically the letters to the Church, is written directly to us and is most applicable for us today.

      If you want to get acquainted with the Lord, read the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

      If you want to understand redemption and what has happened to you as a result of receiving Christ, and how to live in victory, then you need to read the letters in the New Testament, which are all the books except the Gospels, and the book of Revelation.

      Always remember that the Bible is faith food. So if you want your faith to be strong, you need to feed it on the Bible. It does not matter if you feel any different, for faith is not something that you feel. Faith is of the spirit, not of the feeling realm.

      Best wishes,

      Saju C.Varghese
      New Delhi
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators