Ninevah and Haiti mission‏

  • Carol Bacha
    Message 1 of 1469 , Sep 23 9:53 AM
      Dear Mission Fathers,

      I read your article about St. Issac the Syrian as Bishop of Ninevah. (Is this the same Ninevah as in the Prophet Jonah?) I am studying the book of Jonah now at Asbury Seminary in Orlando, Florida.

      I would like to know more about your work with the children in Haiti.

      Blessings.

      Carol Bacha

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. Dale A. Johnson wrote:

      > Isaac the Syrian: Prophet of Unit
      > by Fr. Dale A. Johnson
      >
      > Isaac the Syrian is a model for orthodox Christians in regard to
      > ecumenical and inter-religious relations. For Isaac teaches us that
      > Christianity is a way of life because it is the way of love for all
      > God's creatures. Sometimes called Isaac of Ninevah (not to be confused
      > with Isaac of Antioch) he was born in the seventh century in present-
      > day Qatar, on the Persian Gulf......
      > http://www.socdigest.org/articles/01sep07.html
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators(SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators