Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Good Moral

  • Babu V. Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002
      Dear brothers in christ

      I object to your use of the term "begger".

      We live in a free country where there is an established legal
      system which is respected by all including our president and prime
      minister. Is a section of our church beyond and over those
      positions, simply because they declare their affinity to an
      overseas spiritual leader. Mrs. Gandhi once had to tolerate a
      high-court decision against her. Mr.Narasimha Rao had to step
      down becasue of a court decision, and I can cite several other
      such examples. Is one section of our church an exemption?

      Indeed it would have been much much better to settle this dispute
      among ourselves. But what is point in saying that after having
      all these legal disputes in different courts and finally a verdict
      from the highest court of authority in our country. The wisdom
      arrived now only? Who raised the issue of "Malankara
      Metrapolitan"? The very same people who argued that it is
      "Malankara Metrapolitan" who has authority over our church and its
      institutions (and not the catholicose) are now unwilling to accept
      the authority and claim of duly elected(whether you like it or
      not) and supreme court approved Malankara Metrapolitan.

      Sure one can disagree with the election or decide to discontinue
      his/her association with the church and form their own new set-up.
      But then it is common sense that they cannot claim the properties
      of the churche they decided to leave, especially when the highest
      court in the land has given its verdict.

      I request all my Brothers in Christ to read: 1 Corinth. chapter
      4, verse 15 & 16, and also Mathew, chapter 19, verse 28.

      Your brother in Christ
      Babu