Good Moral

  • Kuruvila Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 9:43 PM
      A very good moral is hidden in this extract,especially
      for those who claim other's property and wealth
      through litigations..
      Desire
      An emperor was coming out of his palace for his
      morning walk when he met a beggar. He asked the
      beggar, "What do you want?"

      The beggar laughed and said, "You are asking me as
      though you can fulfill my desire!"

      The king was offended. He said, "Of course I can
      fulfill your desire. What is it? Just tell me."

      And the beggar said, "Think twice before you promise
      anything."

      The king insisted, "I will fulfill anything you ask. I
      am a very powerful emperor, what can you possibly
      desire that I can not give to you?"

      The beggar said, "It is a very simple desire. You see
      this begging bowl? Can you fill it with something?"

      The emperor said, "Of course!" He called one of his
      viziers and told him, "Fill this man's begging bowl
      with money." The vizier went and got some money and
      poured it into the bowl, and it disappeared. And he
      poured more and more, but the moment he would pour it,
      it would disappear. And the beggging bowl remained
      always empty.

      The whole palace gathered. By and by the rumor went
      throughout the whole capital, and a huge crowd
      gathered. The prestige of the emperor was at stake. He
      said to his viziers, "If the whole kingdom is lost, I
      am ready to lose it, but I cannot be defeated by this
      beggar."

      Diamonds and pearls and emeralds, his treasuries were
      becoming empty.The begging bowl seemed to be
      bottomless. Everything that was put into it --
      everything! -- immediately disappeared, and went out
      of existence. Finally it was the evening, and the
      people were standing there in utter silence. The king
      dropped at the feet of the beggar and admitted his
      defeat. He said, "Just tell me one thing. You are
      victorious - but before you leave, just fulfill my
      curiousity. What is the beging bowl made of?"

      The beggar laughed and said, "It is the human mind.
      There is no secret. It is simple, it is made up of
      human desire."

      This understanding transforms life. Go into one desire
      -- what is the mechanism of it? First there is a great
      excitement, great thrill, adventure. you feel a great
      kick. Something is going to happen, you are on the
      verge of it. And then you have the car, you have the
      yacht, you have the house, you have the woman, and
      suddenly all is meaningless again.

      What happens? Your mind has dematerialised it. The car
      is standing in the driveway, but there is no
      excitement anymore. The excitement was only in getting
      it. You became so drunk with the desire that you
      forgot your inner nothingness. Now the desire is
      fulfilled, the car in the driveway, the money in your
      bank account -- again excitement disappears. Again the
      emptiness is there, ready to eat you up. Again you
      have to create another desire to escape this yawning
      abyss.

      That's how one moves from one desire to another
      desire. That's how one remains a beggar. Your whole
      life proves it again and again -- every desire
      frustrates. And when the goal is achieved, you will
      need another desire.

      The day you understand that desire as such is going to
      fail comes the turning point in your life. That day
      turn to Jesus, He is the only One who satisfies. He
      can fill the desire bowl to overflowing!
      (Joh 6:35) Jesus said to them. "I am the bread of
      life. He who comes to me will not be hungry, and he
      who believes in me will never be thirsty.