Love for Peace

  • Dr. George
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002
      Dear Beloveds,
      I am so happy to be a memeber of this forum. since I
      have grown with Syrian orthodox faith i cannot find
      any difference in the true faith of our church. our
      church is malankara Orthodox Syrian Church which
      believs in three great councils and is non-calchedon.
      our faith is declared in necean Creed. i feel that all
      the other arguments are materialistic and the Church
      should discard them. why it happened to our church is
      because there is no LOVE in the Church. if there is no
      Love there will not be any Peace also. if one loves
      his fellow being he will give his life for him/her.
      our Lord won the world with LOVE not with His Power or
      Authority. St Paul's words about 'Love'is very clear.
      he said that he is non excistant if there was no love.

      so what we see in our church is negative of Love. we
      all believe that 'God is Love' if there is no Love in
      the church means no God in it. if there is no God in
      Church then satan will take charge of every thing.

      therefore, we should bring God into the church. unless
      we love our visible brothers how can we love God. this
      should start in the parishes. for the last 50 years i
      could visit parishes in Kerala, India, Europe, Middle
      east. wherever i had gone only our Saviour talked to
      me. none of the orthodox members cared to look at me.
      several people have talked to me the same experience.
      why this unique phenomenon is present in orthodox
      church only. when i visited other churches they
      welcomed me including their priests.

      we must start 'Good samaritan Groups' in every parish.
      they should greet the new members, extend help to
      them as per the need. once they enter into the church
      premises they should feel that they entered into their
      own house. once we cultivate love among ourselves
      there cannot be such fighting we notice to day in our
      church. we are first Christians then orthodox.
      May our Lord help us to love our own brothers/sisters
      with prayers,
      Dr.George, Dubai.
      =====
      P.GeorgeK.John