INSPIRATIONAL E-MAIL

  • Sajy Jacob
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2007
      SLEEPING WHILE THE WIND BLOWS

      Years ago, a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast.

      He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were reluctant
      to work on farms along the Atlantic. They dreaded the awful storms
      that raged across the Atlantic, wreaking havoc on the buildings and
      crops. As the farmer interviewed applicants for the job, he received
      a steady stream of refusals.

      Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached the
      farmer.

      "Are you a good farm hand?" the farmer asked him.

      "Well, I can sleep when the wind blows," answered the little man.

      Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help,
      hired him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from
      dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.

      Then one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore.

      Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door
      to the hired hand's sleeping quarters.

      He shook the little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is coming!

      Tie things down before they blow away!"

      The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No sir. I told
      you, I can sleep when the wind blows."

      Enraged by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the
      spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm.

      To his amazement, he discovered that all of the haystacks had been
      covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens
      were in the coops, and the doors were barred.

      The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down.

      Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his hired
      hand meant, so he returned to his bed to also sleep while the wind
      blew.

      When you're prepared--spiritually, mentally, and physically--you have
      nothing to fear. Can you sleep when the wind blows through your life?

      The hired hand was able to sleep because he had secured the farm
      against the storm.

      We secure ourselves against the storms of life by grounding ourselves
      in the Word of God.

      We don't need to understand. We just need to hold His hand to have
      peace in the middle of the storms.

      --Author Unknown