"Soonoyo" Greetings

  • H.E Mor Deevannasios Geevarghese
    Message 1 of 1469 , Jul 27, 2007
      Dear All

      As Indian citizens we are well proud of our nation. We remember
      the Independence day on August 15 and celebrating that very day with
      enthusiasm .We are also proud of that day which uplift us from
      the bondage of a foreign nation. Since 1947 it was our concept
      that we are all out of all slavery. But, I think that till
      now we are all slaves of something much more worst than foreign
      bondage. Truly, we are slaves of three powerful forces, ie. Satan, sin and death.

      We are also celebrating the ascension day of the mother of our
      redeemer Jesus Christ on August 15.After her death Virgin Mary was
      exalted and enthroned in Paradise. We can see her majestic attitude
      in Revelation 12:1 `A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under
      her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars". The sun
      represents our Lord Jesus Christ, moon the church, and twelve stars
      the holy Apostles.

      About her biography the Holy Church teaches us in a hymn in quqoyo
      tune as follows "When St. John (the holy Apostle of Love) brought
      the biography of Virgin Mary there happened dew fall of blessing.In
      which mentioned about three festivals of St. Mary shall be celebrated in every year. Jan 15th the festival for seeds,May 15 the
      festival of seed plants, and Aug 15 the festival of vine. There
      under stood a mystery in these festivals. Her prayer may help us."
      On August 15th the Holy Church celebrates the assumption day of St.
      Mary.

      Now we can interpret the mystery mentioned in her biography as follows. The productivity and availability of wheat and Qurbana-
      wine are essential in our spiritual sustainment. Wheat -bread
      (lahmo-leavened bread)and wine (hamro-leavened wine) are important
      factors in Holy Qurbana. While we are celebrating these festivals
      in good sence, corn field and vineyards shall be protected all
      over the world by the great intercession of St. Virgin Mary.

      In the Penkeeza prayer book Virgin Mary was interpreted as a
      corn field and Jesus Christ the seed. St.Mary brought forth
      Jesus, the bread of life, in Beth-lhem (the house of leavened
      bread).

      At the time of Passover Jesus Christ blessed the lahmo(leavened
      wheat bread) and hamro (leavened wine) and proclaimed that these are
      His flesh and blood for eternal life and is the hidden mystery
      mentioned in the biography of Virgin Mary

      In our tradition most important festivals are accompanied by a lent
      in respect of the Holy Festivals. `Soonoyo' the assumption day
      of St.Mary, The Mother Of God. We have to dedicate ourselves in this
      Soonoyo lent period to our Lord Jesus Christ as St. Mary. She said' Behold! The handmaid of the Lord, be it unto me according to thy word"

      I convey "Soonoyo" Greetings to all of the SOCM readers. May God
      bless us all through the great intercession of St.Virgin Mary ,the
      mother of God.

      Mor ignathios Dayara,
      Deevannasios Methrachan
      27-07-2007.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators