"Jesus really does love you"....

  • V Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2002
      Dear All,

      Here is a nice story-

      Every Sunday afternoon, after the morning service at their church, the
      Pastor and his 11-year-old son would go out into their town and hand out
      Gospel tracts.

      This particular Sunday afternoon, as it came time for the Pastor and his
      son to go to the streets with their tracts, it was very cold outside as
      well as pouring down rain. The boy bundled up in his warmest and driest
      clothes and said "Okay Dad, I'm ready."
      His Pastor Dad asked, "Ready for what?"
      "Dad, it's time we gather our tracts together and go out." Dad responds,
      "Son, it's very cold outside and it's pouring down rain." The boy gives
      his Dad a surprised look, asking, "But Dad, aren't people still going to
      Hell even though it's raining?"
      Dad answers, "Son, I am not going out in this weather." Despondently the
      boy asks, "Dad, can I go-- Please?"
      His father hesitated for a moment then said, "Son, you can go. Here are
      the tracts; be careful son." "Thanks, Dad!" And with that he was off and
      out into the rain.

      This 11-year-old boy walked the streets of the town going door-to-door and
      handing everybody he met in the street a Gospel tract.

      After two hours of walking in the rain, he was soaking bone-chilled wet
      and down to his very last tract. He stopped on a corner and
      looked for someone to hand a tract to but the streets were totally
      deserted.

      Then he turned toward the first home he saw and started up the sidewalk to
      the front door and rang the doorbell. He rang the bell -- but nobody answered.
      He rang it again and again, but still no one answered. He waited but still no
      answer. Finally, this 11-year-old trooper turned to leave but something stopped
      him. Again, he turned to the door and rang the bell and knocked loudly on the
      door with his fist. He waited; something held him there on the front porch. He
      rang again, and this time the door slowly opened. Standing in the doorway was a
      very sad looking elderly lady. She softly asked, "What can I do for you, son?"
      With radiant eyes and a smile that lit up her world, this little boy said,
      "Ma'am, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but I just want to tell you that
      JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU! I came to give you my very last Gospel tract
      which will tell you all about Jesus and His great love."
      With that he handed her his last tract and turned to leave. She called to
      him as he departed, "Thank you, son! And God bless you!"

      Well, the following Sunday morning in church, Pastor Dad was in the pulpit
      and as the service began he asked, "Does anybody have a testimony or want
      to say anything?"

      Slowly, in the back row of the church, an elderly lady stood to her feet.
      As she began to speak, a look of glorious radiance came from her face.
      "None of you in this church know me. I've never been here before. You see,
      before last Sunday I was not a Christian. My husband has passed on, some time
      ago, leaving me totally alone in this world. Last Sunday, being a particularly
      cold and rainy day, it was even more so in my heart . . . as I came to the end
      of the line where I no longer had any hope or will to live. "So I took a rope
      and a chair and ascended the stairway into the attic of my home. I fastened the
      rope securely to a rafter in the roof then stood on the chair and fastened the
      other end of the rope around my neck. "Standing on that chair, so lonely and
      brokenhearted, I was about to leap off when suddenly the loud ringing of my
      doorbell downstairs startled me. I thought, 'I'll wait a minute, and whoever it
      is will go away.' "I waited and waited - but the ringing doorbell seemed to get
      louder and more insistent and then the person ringing also started knocking
      loudly. I thought to myself again, 'Who on earth could this be? Nobody ever
      rings my bell or comes to see me!' I loosened the rope from my neck and started
      for the front door, all the while the bell rang louder and louder. "When I
      opened the door and looked, I could hardly believe my eyes! There on my front
      porch was the most radiant and angelic little boy I had ever seen in my life!
      is smile! Oh, I could never describe it to you! And the words that came
      from his mouth caused my heart, that had long been dead, to leap to life
      as he exclaimed with cherub-like voice, 'Ma'am, I just came to tell you that
      JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU.' "Then he gave me this Gospel tract that I now hold
      in my hand. As the little angel disappeared back out, into the cold and rain, I
      closed my door and read slowly every word of this Gospel tract. Then I went up
      to my attic to get my rope and chair. I wouldn't be needing them any more.
      "You see, I am now a happy child of the KING, and since the address of
      your church was on the back of this Gospel tract I have come here to
      personally say, Thank you to God's little angel who came just in the nick
      of time, and by so doing, spared my soul from an eternity in Hell."
      There were now no dry eyes in the church. As shouts of praise and honor to
      the KING resounded off the very rafters of the building, Pastor Dad
      descended from the pulpit to the front pew where the little angel was
      seated.

      He took him in his arms and sobbed uncontrollably. Probably no church has
      had a more glorious moment and probably this Universe has never seen a
      Papa that was more filled with love and honor for his son, except for one:
      This Father, God, also allowed His Son, Jesus, to go out into a cold and
      dark world. He received His Son back with joy unspeakable, and as all of
      Heaven shouted praises and honor to the King, the Father sat His beloved
      Son on a throne far above all principality and power and every name that
      is named.

      There may be someone, reading this, who is also going through a dark,
      cold, and lonely time in your soul.

      You may be a Christian, for we are not without problems, or you may not
      yet know the King. Whatever the case and whatever the problem or situation you
      find yourself in, and no matter how dark it may seem, I want you to know that I
      just came to tell you, "JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU!"
      Author Unknown