Re: Syrian Citizen?

  • Dn. George Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2002
      One of the problems I see with all the various news
      groups is that someone reads something (maybe not
      factual, maybe incomplete, maybe written with a
      certain slant, or maybe even totally true) and then
      comments, creating a dialogue and more confusion. I
      know there is a lot of concern on both sides about
      what is happening these days between both churches,
      but I think the best way for us CHRISTIANS to
      act/react to these stories is to be slow to speak.
      Our very nature is such that we have an opinion about
      everything, but there needs to be diplomacy and
      respect for all sides. Remember that we are speaking
      of a Catholicos and a Patriarch, not a next door
      neighbor. If we do not show respect to the
      authorities placed by God over us, then how can we
      expect God or others to have respect for us.

      I am not blaming or ridiculing anyone, but simply
      would like to say that let us all think before we
      write. I myself have fallen into the temptation of
      responding before fully considering the situation. In
      fact, a few times, after writing a response, I will
      re-read it and then cancel it rather than sending it.

      Let us let our leaders and authorities handle and
      resolve the situation through prayer and diplomacy and
      not become warriors by fist or speech.

      Please pray for the conflicts in and between the
      churches that we may love and forgive as our Lord
      teaches.

      With love and prayers,
      Dn. George Mathew