Re: Easter Guidance..

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 1469 , May 28, 2007
      Greetings to All

      Thanks to Mr John for the thoughts. Acts Chapter 15 Verse 2 teach us how to handle a dispute in faith. But what is happening in the courts is not a dispute of faith but only a dispute of property. Only penal codes are based not bible in the courts of law. A dispute in faith has to be settled in a CHRISTIAN COUNSIL as stated in that chapter.

      Again a worldly disagreement can be settled in the Christian way by division as in Verses 39-40 in the same chapter.

      Dear Mr. Abraham, I believe anybody can make his family blessed if you bring Christ back to his/her family. I personally know a family who stopped the divorce proceeding in the final moments only because of some words for their 2 kids who were UNITED and spoke. But for the last 100 years are we united in anything? Only court cases, street fights, closing of churches…

      If a true church faithful go to any of these closed churches and spend some time there, which are closed for 20-30 years without any service will understand what the pain is. It is miserable if that church is having holy tombs of some holy fathers and the pathetic way it is in now. Both IOC and SOC pray during their burial "Karthavee evarude kannukale chithalinum puzhuvinum koodaakkaruthe ennu"…

      We should "think out of the box" and look in an independent way from outside and analyze what we are doing – all the unholy, unchristian acts, in the name of church is happening just because of this never ending litigations. People are enjoying even alleging "Mooron Koodasha" with "Moru Kaachal". I hope he will sing whole heartedly "Paulosu Sleeha… at least once or some one find time to teach him rather than thinking of this factional fight.

      Let me bring you back to the message of Sanjoy Paul – the reason for the harmony between the two "sister" churches (as he put) in Chandigarh is because of the both consider the other as a "sister" church. Isn't it what we are debating about – to consider each other as a member of "sister" church and to spread the message of LOVE and RESPECT. If God willing the future generations will decide to unite the churches together, as currently happening in the Russian church.

      The growth of Marthoma church from 2 churches to 1075 church in the last hundred plus years after their division from us or the exceeding number of charitable institution under its banner compared to IOC and SOC put together give us encouragement. Missionary work is something alien for us which they practice for long.

      Please allow me to resign from this topic of discussion with apologies for anybody hurt directly or indirectly or any misinterpretation be forgiven. May God bless us all.

      Requesting prayers, your brother in Christ

      N.B. Above is the second of the message as it was ICON rejected from
      posting in the duscussion for unknown reasons.

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      St. Mary's Church, Thrukothamangalam
      Member ID # 2908
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1469 of 1469 , Nov 18, 2007
        Dear All in Christ
        Barekmore / Shlomo

        We, Malankara Jacobite Internet Platform (http://www.socmnet.org), Syriac
        Orthodox Resources (http://www.sor.cua.edu) and Malankara Syriac Christian
        Resource (http://www.syrianchurch.org/) together are compiling the following
        informations to publish an online directory of Syriac orthodox Clergy.

        Please note that this project is not based on any official church directives.

        We request each and every one of our forum members to request all clergy you
        know, to provide the informations on the following format along with a
        photograph of the clergy, to soc.clergylist@... . If you are a third
        party providing these informations, then you must have clear consent from
        clergy.

        First Name:-
        Middle Name:-
        Last Name:-
        Family Name:-

        Nationality:-
        Place of Birth:-
        Date of Birth & Age:-
        Present Diocese:-
        Home parish:-
        Present parish:-

        Ordination date:
        Ordained by:
        Present Clergy Status:-
        (Mzamrono / Qoruyo / Apodiakno / Mshamshono / Archdeacon/ Qashisho /
        Sharwoyo /Dayroyo / Rabban / Cor episcopos)

        Do you have Professional and/or Decorative titles? Yes or No:-
        If yes, what is the Profession? (Dr. / Eng. / Prof. etc):-

        Email Id:-
        Contact Tel. number:-
        Postal address:-

        Any additional information to be published on line:-

        Be with us and be part of us

        In HIS Love
        Webmasters & Moderators