Re: St. Paul's mission

  • Johnson
    Message 1 of 3367 , May 1, 2007
      Dear Shemmashan,

      Shlomo Amokh,

      Since I am residing outside Kerala for over a dozen years, certainly I do not know much about this mission's activities in the homeland and your information is more authentic and correct. Thank you for updating me of these events. Being a member of this forum I had gone through the previous postings regarding the mission activities and was aware of last year's pamphlet distribution etc. When brother Saji Varghese fom Indore, the Western Zonal Secretary of this mission visited our City we had apprehensions and I did ask him of such activities against the faith of the church. He only have given such a statement that the person who was behind such activities is no longer with the mission and they are very strict on such issues.

      What is making me upset is the cold silence of our shepherds on this issue. Why H.G Philaxinos is not quitting the patronship of such an organisation?. Why the committe of three bishops is not publishing the fact findings?. Why our Bava thirumeni who himself is a renowned gospel preacher and valiant defender of true faith is not taking any action against the activites of this mission?. Why our well known preists like Fr. Mathews Chalappuram and Fr.John Puthooran are still holding key posts of this mission? Isn't it the duty of our moderatores to forward these dialogues on this forum to the church leaders?.

      Here in our city, the mission's director announced that the collections will go for the activities in Punjab. We had a discussion on their mission centers in Bihar. I strongly oppose their move to build centers where we have our churches and conduct parallel VBS etc. rather they should concentrate on the field work in different parts of the country. One basic thing which we should understand is that a major section of our clergy and leaders are not grown spiritually and are not in favour of gospel preachings. The common lay man is thirsting for spiritual words which they are not getting from the sunday holy mass only and this where all the charisamtic teams and othre missions are cashing in.

      Without proper guidance and classes of the learned, common laity cannot understand the biblical verses or the foundations of our faith. I was a sunday school teacher in my home parish and still teaches in my current parish here in Baroda. I have the memories of wise speeches and classes of priests and malpans from the last generation and it helps me while explaining our faith to the younger generation. We need dedicated and spiritually grown clergy to lead the faithful and if not we should pick up good laymen and train for this work and they should be encouraged in the gospel mission in our parishes. Recently the family units are running in almost all the parishes but the concerned people should concentrate more on theological discussions and classes than regular tea parties. We should admit that recently only we have started biblical courses for the laymen but as every body knows field work is essential.

      I sincerely pray that our seminarians will catch the right message and act accordingly.

      With prayers for our church
      In his love,

      Johnson

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Dn. Dr. Paul Samuel wrote:

      > Dear Johnson,
      >
      > Sorry to disagree with you regarding the information you have
      given in our forum.

      > The pamphlets were distributed here in my parish and I think I will
      > opine more authoritatively on it. The pamphlets were distributed
      last year after the Passion week at the church which was countered
      by my dear Malpono Dr. C. A. Ninan. This year during the passion
      week the same pamphlet was sent by post to all members of the church
      and other prominent personalities in Malankara including priests.
      The name of the person and address was printed in the pamphlet which
      was deleted as per my advice in the internet available version. I
      know the person behind this and he is a member and still an active
      person in St Pauls.He is very close to Mr. Mathai Valayil and is the
      key organiser of St Pauls convention in Tvm. He along with other few
      members of St Pauls mission didnt turn up for passion week this year
      at our church in any of the days. When I enquired, I heard that St
      Pauls conducted a parallel prayer meeting at a place outside the
      church in Tvm on all days including Pesaha, Good Friday and Easter.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3367 of 3367 , Aug 1 5:26 AM
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name