Re: Easter Guidance..

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 3351 , May 1, 2007
      Greetings to All

      Thanks to Mr. Thomas Chacko of ICON for your reply. Who is naughty
      or cunning can be judged if you go back to my reply and read the
      very next sentence of that post. Please explain and correct me the
      context I used or interpretation I made, if it was a wrong context.
      Then I will be more than happy to accept my mistake. A mere hue and
      cry saying I am wrong and whatever you argue is right is not the way
      to a discussion or debate goes. Bible is not just a story book but a
      holy book where we can find answer to everything if you got the will
      to correlate. I was even surprised by the resignation of George
      Achen from the discussion promising his prayers.

      Even if you like it or not for the division, it is happening and the
      court judgments are slowly but steadily pointing in that direction
      as seen from the recent judgment posted by Adv P J Philiph. If the
      Supreme Court is saying as per para 2(i) – "The rights of the parish
      churches was not determined by the supreme court in the 1995
      decision. Thus, it cannot be …." – For God's sake don't say I am
      using a wrong context. My only argument is the division is the BEST
      solution and if both factions settle it amicably the earliest in a
      Christian way it will be respected by all. If not -more street
      fights, closing of churches.. etc will continue and you can be happy
      that "we will settle only for the RIGHT solution".

      Again I repeat that I am neither interested nor good enough to
      discuss or question any actions of any of the holy fathers of either
      side being followed and respected by many and hence please excuse me
      from that. Finally let me share with you all one good moment I
      personally heard from a group of faithful from US (St. Stephens
      Orthodox Church – Houston, if I am not mistaken) who visited the
      Holy land along with their vicar only a month ago. How warmly they
      were received by the Bishop of Syrian Orthodox Church of St. Mark's
      Monastery in Jerusalem. Even the Bishop had wholeheartedly allowed
      them to conduct a Holy Qurbana, but was not carried out by the
      narrow-mindedness of some in the visiting group. Does any of the one
      who preach of the Unity of both factions has the courage to allow or
      welcome some from the opposite faction. It was not long back the
      Partriach by himself visited malankara and what was the reaction by
      those who preach Unity. So please accept the fact that the Gap
      between the factions is widening and there is no Love or Trust which
      are the basic things required for any Unity. May God bless us all.

      Your brother in Christ

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      St. Mary's Church, Thrukothamangalam
      Member ID # 2908