Re: Is Peace Possible in Malankara Churches?

  • Saju Paulose
    Message 1 of 3351 , Apr 26 8:13 PM
      Dear Robin,

      It is always a pleasure to read your mails. I could very well feel
      the fire of faith in you.I have many friends and co-workers who are
      IOC members. Some of my relatives(mother's side) are members of IOC
      churches. Majority of them have the same opinion that you have.

      why CAN'T WE UNITE?

      This question seems to be very Christian, polite and hailed by
      everyone, including non-Christians. Interestingly enough, all of the
      IOC his-storians are also asking this. The official wing of IOC never talks about unity, but talks about `unconditional submission' from the Jacobite side. In other words, IOC's vision is unity without compromise or unity for wealth. Do you think that such a unity will last?

      The question is :Will it make any sense for another unity move? My
      opinion is that the unity talk by the IOC is a trap for the
      Jacobites. IOC brains very well know that they can't win the whole
      Jacobite Church through court cases. As Moolelachan rightly observed, if IOC won the recent case, then there should not be any room for further court cases. But the truth is that the hypocrite leaders of IOC will talk unity and move case after cases from lower court to the supreme court.

      Robin, we have experienced the unity earlier. You know what
      happened later, right? Do you want the same to repeated? We all know
      that it will be a beautiful thing if the two churches were united. It will be most beautiful, if all the Christian churches in the world unite. Unfortunately, the possibility is very minimal. Did you ever heard these words: "ERANGIPPOKINEDA EEBHYANMAARE"? If not, this was the words from the Methran Kashi's to the Bava Kashis just before the split. WE JACOBITES DON'T WANT TO HEAR THIS AGAIN. We are not slaves of few Kottayam Achayans and crazy IOC bishops. We believe and follow what our fore-fathers taught us. We have enough will power and courage to protect our homes and churches. Our churches were not built on the LATEX or BLADE or PAINKILI SAHITYAM money from Kottayam.

      I still remember the PIDIYARI that my mother saved and gave to our
      church. I have heard the stories of hardship and pain that my grandfather and others suffered to construct our church. And that church is OURS, and OURS ONLY. We don't allow any IOC methran/catholicos to take control of our churches.

      Robin, why can't we think like this? Look at the Roman Catholic Church. Their supreme head is the Pope, and they have many rites(reeths). Why can't we accept the same style of having one Patriarch as the supreme head and two rites in India-The Jacobites and IOC? If IOC people are serious about the unity, they should think about this style. Thus we have the IOC Reeth accepting H.H. Patriarch as their constitutional head and functioning pretty much as an independent church. On the other side we have the Jacobite Church, functioning under H.H. Patriarch (the supreme head) and catholicos (local head). Otherwise we can gracefully become two churches and still praise the God as loving brothers. ONNICHU NINNU PORADICHU PAATHAALATHIL POKUNNATHINEKKAL ETHRAYO NALLATHANU RANDAYI NINNU SWARGATHIL POKUNNATHU?

      Regards,

      Saju Paulose
      New York
      ID#2341