Are you Saved? - part 1

  • Mathew B
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      How to answer the Question: ARE YOU SAVED?

      The notion of an instantaneous and once & forever
      salvation is not consistent with the Holy Tradition.
      We can perhaps target the exact moment when we chose
      to quit fooling around and started cooperating
      seriously and actively with the saving grace bestowed
      on us through the Holy Baptism and Chrismation,
      because the truth is that God does not cram His
      salvation down unwilling throats.

      - First, "I WAS SAVED" by the passion, death, and
      resurrection of Christ. Christ died on the Cross for
      the salvation of all mankind. If not for His
      sacrifice, I could not now or ever be saved.

      - Second, "I AM BEING SAVED" as I live my life in
      union with the teachings of Jesus Christ and His
      Church. Conversely, we could say that, "I am not being
      saved" because I have departed from the teaching of
      Christ and His Church and am storing up earthly
      treasure rather than heavenly treasures.

      - Third, "I WILL BE SAVED" when I am judged at the end
      of my earthly life and found worthy of eternal life
      with the Blessed Trinity. Then, and only then, can the
      simple answer be said with great conviction, "Yes, I
      am saved!"

      -Compiled from various sources-

      http://health.yahoo.com