Re:Genesis 17: 9 to 14 - circumcision

  • Boban Cheriyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2007
      Dear Mr. Abraham,

      I happened to see your discussion in the SOCM bulletin. I like to share my understanding on this with you. We had a Elocution on "Child baptism" in our Sunday school last year. The prize winning elocution on this subject had some biblical references which may help you.

      Please read Acts of Apostles Chapter 15, where the Apostles took the decision on the biggest controversy during those time i.e. "Is Circumcision necessary for Salvation".

      In Col. 2:11-12, St. Paul indicates that Baptism is the New Testament form of circumcision

      The faith of SOC is that Child Baptism replaces Circumcision.

      I hope better explanations will follow from others.

      Best regards and prayers,

      Boban Cheriyan. N
      From the desk of the Moderator:

      Please sign your messages with member ID. If not having a member ID, please send your details including contact number to moderators(SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com) and obtain a member ID before posting any more messages in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation.