Matthew 1:25

  • Johnny Messo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2002
      Dear Daniel,

      Thank you for your endeavors in sharing with us kind words in your
      short mails concerning the Gospel. I love to read them.

      I was wondering, do you also have something of our fathers with
      respect to the sentence in Matthew 1:25? We read:

      24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord
      had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
      25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son:
      and he called his name JESUS.

      I don't think I need to explain you the crux in these verses. It's,
      of course, with regard to the assertion that Joseph did knew
      Mary...after ("till/until" according to the text) Jesus was born. Let
      alone the assertion that Mary brought forth other children as well;
      Jesus's so-called brothers and sisters.

      Thanks in advance,

      Johnny