"Quilt of Holes and the Illumination of Christ

  • C Devidasan,
    Message 1 of 3367 , Apr 7, 2007
      New Delhi,
      April 7, 2007

      My dear Moderators,

      “The Cross is the only ladder high enough to touch Heaven’s threshold” so said George D Boardman while swami Paramahansa Yogananda wrote, “O Spirit! Command my soul to arise from the sephulcre of littleness in Thy vastness of everywhere”

      “Quilt of Holes and the Illumination of Christ” is an e-mail forward, I happened to read on the eve of Easter and I though you would also like it as much as I did.

      Love,
      C Devidasan,
      Member ID 0975

      Quilt of Holes and the Illumination of Christ

      As I faced my Maker during the last judgment, I knelt before the Lord along with all the other souls. Before each of us we laid our lives like the squares of a quilt in many piles; an angel sat before each of us sewing our quilt squares together into a tapestry that was our life.

      As my angel took each piece of cloth off the pile, I noticed, to my horror, how ragged and empty each of my squares was. They were filled with giant holes. Each square was labeled with a part of my life that had been difficult, the challenges and temptations I was faced with in every day life. I saw hardships that I endured, which were the largest of all. I glanced around me. Nobody else had such squares. Other than a tiny hole here and there, their tapestries were filled with rich colours and the bright hues of worldly fortunes. I gazed upon my own life and was disheartened.

      My angel was sewing the ragged pieces of cloth together, threadbare and empty; it seemed like binding air. Finally the time came when each life was to be displayed, held up to the light, the scrutiny of truth. The others rose; each in turn, holding up their tapestries. So filled their lives had been. My angel looked upon me, and nodded for me to rise.

      My gaze dropped to the ground in shame. I had not had all the earthly fortunes. I had love in my life, and laughter. But there had also been trials of illness, and wealth, and false accusations that took from me my world, as I knew it. I had to start over many times. I often struggled with temptation to quit, only to somehow mustering the strength to pick up and begin again. I spent many nights on my knees in prayer, asking for help and guidance in my life. I had often been held up to ridicule, which I endured painfully each time offering it up to the Father in the hope that I would not melt within my skin beneath the judgmental gaze of those who unfairly judged me.

      Now, the time had come; I had to face the truth. My life was what it was and I had to accept it for what it was. I rose and slowly lifted the combined squares of my life to the light. An awe-filled gasp filled the air. I gazed around at others who stared at me with wide eyes. Then, I looked upon the tapestry before me. Light flooded the many holes, creating an image, the face of Christ. Then our Lord stood before, with warmth and love in His eyes. He said, “Every time you gave over your life to Me, it became My life. My hardships and My struggles.”

      Each point of light in your life is when you stepped aside and let Me shine through, until there was more Me than there was of you.” I was overwhelmed. It was wonderful. May all our quilts be threadbare and worn, allowing Christ to shine through! God determines who walks into your life….it’s up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go. When there is nothing left but God that is when you find out that God is all you need---to let the light shine through”
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 3367 of 3367 , Aug 1 5:26 AM
        Dear honorable members

        Greetings in HIS name