Look At The Stars

  • Saju C Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      A Bible Devotion

      ---------

      Greetings!

      Look At The Stars

      PSALM 147:4-5
      4 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.
      5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

      Sometimes I wonder how God can be mindful of me when there are so many other people for Him to be concerned about. How can He keep up? Then I am reminded of the scriptures that tell us that God has named all the stars. We don't even know how many stars there are -- scientists say billions and billions -- but God can call them all by name!

      God is definitely in a different category than anyone else I know. He is mighty. Compared to us, He has no limit to His understanding or His ability.

      ISAIAH 40:26
      26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

      PSALM 8:3-4
      3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
      4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?

      When we do consider the heavens, it can make us feel small and insignificant. But, according to God's Word -- we are not.

      When I became a parent, I gained some insight into God's love for people. When you have a child, you don't love that child because it is great or powerful, or can do great things for you. You love your child simply because it is your child -- your creation -- a part of you.

      Why does God love you -- and the rest of humanity? The best answer we can give is because He created us. He put something of Himself into us. We are His children.

      God doesn't love us because of our great achievements -- but simply because we are His.

      If God can remember the names of all the billions of stars, He can remember your name and address, and take care of you.

      Saju C.Varghese
      St.Peters Cathedral
      New Delhi-1.