8384Invitation & Seeking blessings and prayers

  • Rev. Fr. George Mathew Nalunnakkal
    Jul 1, 2006
      Dear Members, Friends and Colleagues:

      I write this to you to seek your blessings and prayers for me. It is with profound sense of gratitude to God that I would like to inform you that my Church has called me to be a bishop. God willing, my consecration, along with four others, will be held on Monday, July 3, 2006 at St. Thomas Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, North Paraur, Kerala. I am extremely sorry I could not invite you earlier than this as the official declaration by the Episcopal Synod came only today.

      It is my firm conviction that God has once again challenged me through this call. I am well aware of the huge challenges that lie ahead as I prepare myself to respond to this call. In a context where the values of the divine reign are being supplanted by those of the globalized kingdom, I take this challenge as an opportunity to re-dedicate myself to the task of furthering the values of God�s reign.

      Your prayers and support in the past have been a great source of strength in my ministry. As I prepare myself to �trumpet the voice of justice and love�, as St. Paul puts it, I know I can count on your continued prayers, support, and solidarity.

      I know this is short notice. Those of you who can still make it and come to North Paraur on Monday, I will appreciate it very much. If you are far off and unable to be present, please do uphold me in your prayers.

      Do know that it comes to you with warm regards.

      Fr. George Mathew Nalunnakkal
    • Show all 3361 messages in this topic