8285Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    May 28, 2006
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Once again Psalm Eighty-Nine describes the impermanence of our human nature
      in order to win over God's mercy. It clearly teaches us by examples to be
      mindful of the afflictions of our nature both in the morning and evening,
      that is to say, in our youth and old age. Grass and flowers which are alive
      in the morning have passed away [by evening]. Next, the plant's moisture
      which exists at the prime of life dries up and looses its blossom once its
      innate beauty has evaporated while the rest of the plant dries up and
      withers away. The psalm thus describes our human nature by saying, 'In the
      morning let is flower and pass away; in the evening let it droop; let it be
      withered and dried up.' Such is our human nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he
      will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap
      corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap
      everlasting life." Galatians 6:7-8