5798Interpretation of the Holy Bible - St. Matthew : Chapter 6 - lesson 39

  • SOCM
    Jan 29, 2005
      verse 6:12 "And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors"
      Our Lord compulsorily exhorts that we should forgive to others.
      1. When gifts are brought to Lord
      2. The parable of the servants ( Mat 18:23-26)
      3. Our Lord forgave from the cross
      If we do not forgive other's faults then God will not forgive our
      sins either. There are two types of sins. 1) Do what one is not
      supposed to do 2) don't do what one is supposed to do. The second
      one is a debt.. When Christian does not do what he is supposed to do
      to God or for glorifying His name, then it is a debt that should be
      paid back to the God. One who does not forgive to his brother does
      not have the right to pray this prayer. "In your anger do not sin"[
      Psalm 4:4] : Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry"
      (Eph 4:26)
      "That is your should forgive the same day, ever better then and
      there. Remember 3 things 1) forget 2) forgive 3) love. It is not
      only forgive to the one who persecute you, but if you love him too,
      the enmity will disappear.
      From the Desk of the Moderators

      This is based on the interpretation of Kaniyamparmabil achan. We withheld
      the name of the member who posts this message as per his request.