4676Spiritual Words

  • Mark Sadek
    Aug 5, 2004
      Three elders went to visit Abba Stephan the priest and while they
      remained there talking about what is beneficial to the soul he
      remained silent. The elders said to him, "You are not answering us
      father. It was for the benefit of your counsel that we came to you."
      Then he said to them, "Forgive me, but I did not know what you were
      talking about until just now. But I can tell you what is the matter
      with me: I can see nothing else by night or by day, but our Lord
      Jesus Christ hanging on the cross." And the elders went their way
      greatly edified.

      "Arise, O Lord! O God, lift up Your hand! Do not forget the humble."
      Psalm 10:12