25551Malankara World Journal Issue 222, Pentecost Special

  • Jacob Mathew
    Jun 5, 2014
      Malankara World Journal Issue 222, Pentecost Special (June 5, 2014)

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 222 (June 5, 2014) is available online at:

      Cover Photo:

      Enthronement of a Patriarch: A Proud Moment for Malankara
      HB Baselios Thomas I, Catholicose of India, enthrones HH Moran Mor Ignatius Aphrem II Patriarch on May 29, 2014 at Damascus, Syria.

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 222
      Pentecost Special

      1. Bible Readings for Pentecost Sunday (June 8)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_Pentecost.htm

      2. Sermons for Pentecost Sunday (June 8)

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_Pentecost.htm

      3. Malankara World Trinity and Pentecost Supplements

      The concept of Trinity is difficult to understand; but it is the cornerstone of Christian Faith. Malankara World has an infocenter specifically devoted to Trinity. You can find it here:
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Faith/Trinity/Default.htm
      You can also learn more about Pentecost, Holy Spirit and the Birthday of the Church in our Pentecost Infocenter.
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Pentecost/Default.htm

      Malankara World Journal Specials on Pentecost

      Issue No: 143 May 16, 2013

      Issue No: 78 May 24, 2012
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_78.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today

      Prayer Extracted from the Liturgy of Pentecost - Syriac Orthodox Church

      5. Featured: Holy Spirit Guides The Church to The Truth by Pope Francis

      In preparation for the Feast of Pentecost and in the context of the Year of Faith catechesis on the Creed, Pope Francis dedicated his sermon to the action that the Holy Spirit accomplishes in us, in guiding us to the Truth.

      He said "In this Year of Faith let us ask ourselves if we have actually taken a few steps to get to know Christ and the truths of faith more, by reading and meditating on the Scriptures, studying the Catechism, steadily approaching the Sacraments. But at the same time let us ask ourselves what steps we are taking so that the faith directs our whole existence. Do not be a 'part-time' Christian, at certain moments, in certain circumstances, in certain choices, be Christian at all times! The truth of Christ, that the Holy Spirit teaches us and gives us, always and forever involves our daily lives. Let us invoke him more often, to guide us on the path of Christ's disciples".

      6. Jesus Sends the Holy Spirit to Us at Pentecost

      When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed and resting on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

      7. Liturgy of Pentecost: Promeon

      8. Liturgy of Pentecost: Sedara

      9. Liturgy of Pentecost: Ethro

      10. On Grieving the Holy Spirit By John Wesley, 1733

      The title "holy," applied to the Spirit of God, does not only denote that he is holy in his own nature, but that he makes us so; that he is the great fountain of holiness to his church; the Spirit from whence flows all the grace and virtue, by which the stains of guilt are cleansed, and we are renewed in all holy dispositions, and again bear the image of our Creator. Great reason, therefore, there was for the Apostle to give this solemn charge concerning it, and the highest obligation lies upon us all to consider it with the deepest attention; which that we may the more effectually do, I shall inquire,

      I. In what sense the Spirit of God is said to be grieved at the sins of men:

      II. By what kind of sin he is more especially grieved.

      III. I shall endeavor to show the force of the Apostle's argument against grieving the Holy Spirit, - "By whom we are sealed to the day of redemption."

      11. Abandonment and the Grace of Pentecost

      Translation of a conference for Pentecost by the Benedictine Mother Mectilde du Saint-Sacrement (1614-1698) Translated by Fr. Mark

      12. Prayer to the Holy Spirit

      13. Come Holy Spirit, Come

      A Prayer to Holy Spirit.

      14. Hymn: Veni, Creator

      15. Recipe: Extra Moist Banana Nut Bread

      16. Family Special: Be Still

      When you feel yourself getting anxious or rushed during the day, remember the words "Be still," and focus on having a peaceful spirit instead of a harried one. ...

      17. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World