25065Malankara World Journal Issue 172, Theme: Christian Life

  • Jacob Mathew
    Oct 2, 2013
      Malankara World Journal Issue 172, Theme: Christian Life (Oct 3, 2013)

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 172 (October 3, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 172
      Theme: Christian Life

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (October 6)

      Bible Readings For the 4th Sunday After Sleebo Feast
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_4th_sunday-after-sleebo.htm

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (October 6)

      Sermons for the 4th Sunday After Sleebo Feast
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_4th-sunday-after-Sleebo.htm

      3. Inspiration for Today

      4. Featured: Some Thoughts on Holy Trinity from a Physicist's Perspective

      Together, all three of these entities represent God as a whole. Though we will not meet God the Father until after death, we are enlightened via the Son of God and the Holy Spirit, which existed and exist (respectively) in four-dimensional space-time. Jesus, as the perfect human being, set the example for us to follow. Though God is likely infinitely complex (and therefore will always be incomprehensible to us), this may give us yet some more insight into the Creator of our world and possibly infinitely many more worlds. ...

      5. What Christ Does With Failure

      Failure is an event, not a destiny. This is good news because we all fail sooner or later, and if we are honest, we all fail over and over again. As Peter's story abundantly proves, it's not our initial failure that ruins us. It's what happens next that matters. ...

      6. How To Be Happy In An Unhappy World

      Most people look for happiness in the wrong places. Many people believe that the key to happiness is wealth and possessions. However, materialism will never achieve happiness. ...

      7. Seeing God in Your Work

      Because of the curse of the fall, work can be difficult, frustrating, and dull. But Christians must understand that work itself is not part of the curse; it was part of God's original plan for humanity. It is an opportunity for us to exercise our creativity, gifts, and interests in order to be effective stewards of God's creation. ..

      8. Eight Ways Satan Convinces You To Question Your Salvation

      Though Satan can never steal the Christian's crown, though he can never snatch him away from the hand of the Father, he is so envious and malicious that he will leave no stone unturned in robbing the Christian of comfort and peace, in making their life miserable, in giving them reason to live in constant sorrow and mourning, doubt and questioning. ...

      9. The Christian View of Death

      Perhaps you desire to serve God longer in this world. But if he has nothing further for you to do here, why not say with David, "Here am I, let God do what seems good to him." He is calling you to higher service in heaven, and can accomplish by other hands what you desire to do further here. Do you feel too imperfect to go to heaven? Consider that you must be imperfect until you die; your sanctification cannot be complete until you get to heaven. ...

      10. Health: Living Your Best Life with Incurable Cancer

      No matter what the adversity a person may be facing, no one should waste a moment of our temporary time on Earth, Jane says. She offers these suggestions – learned the hard way – for living your best. ...

      11. Recipe: Sweet Potato Tart Tatin

      Sweet potatoes make a delicious snack and a healthy one, too. They are a good source of fiber and vitamins A and C, and they have no fat and 4 grams of protein per serving. ...

      12. Family Special: Guidelines for Success in Raising Obedient Children

      I thought about my impatience in the past. In how many of those instances had I been the problem because I failed to set boundaries or tell my children what kind of behavior would be appropriate? Because other responsibilities demand attention, it's easy to overlook preparing children for what lies ahead. How can they succeed if they don't know what is expected of them? ...

      13. Family Bonus: The Day My Fragile Identity as a Mom Melted

      Your daughter is a child in need of a parent. She needs to be taught. And some of your best teaching opportunities will come when she puts her sin nature on display. Don't fear or fret or feel like this is some sort of failure on your part. Her outside demonstrations are an internal indication of her need for guidance. So guide her. Love her. And always remember to be the parent. Not her friend. Not her buddy. The parent. ...

      14. A Global Slaughter of Christians, but America’s Churches Stay Silent

      Christians in the Middle East and Africa are being slaughtered, tortured, raped, kidnapped, beheaded, and forced to flee the birthplace of Christianity. One would think this horror might be consuming the pulpits and pews of American churches. Not so. The silence has been nearly deafening. ...

      15. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World