24885the great work not completed

  • rev john brian
    May 30, 2013
      the great work not completed

      Beyond the deceptive superficiality of this modern world, the seeds of
      creation still grow.

      Even though, in Holy Orthodoxy, we take time to remember all those that came before us from Adam even into this present age, we believe and act like we are on our own.

      Fr John Brian uses a short passage from the Gospel of John, Chapter 4, to bring us toward embracing life beyond the superficial, "reaping that which you did not sew," harvesting and partaking of the fruits of life everlasting, that is spiritual nourishment.

      Fr. John Brian gives another inspirational message of Orthodox Christian practical spirituality.

      O Lord, help us to the great work, laying aside all selfishness and
      superficiality, reaping the fields that have been waiting for our labor white as snow. Let us share in the nourishment of the fruits of life everlasting even as we do the will of our Creator.

      Please pray for Fr. John Brian who continues to encourage us in the
      continuing development of Christian spirituality.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, May 12, 2013 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Please pray for our mission and help us as you are able.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-great-work-not-completed.html
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic