24882Malankara World Journal Issue 148 - Theme: Servant Leadership

  • Jacob Mathew
    Jun 19, 2013

      The Malankara World Journal Issue 148 - Theme: Servant Leadership - (June 20, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 148
      Theme: Servant Leadership

      1. Foreword

      In the Kingdom of God, service and humility are coveted more than anything else. As members of the body of Christ, our job is to be of service to fellow human beings. As humans, we see the outward appearance, but God looks at our hearts. David tells us that what is precious to God is a contrite heart. We reward achievements that everybody notices, but God rewards those things that nobody knows about. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (June 23)

      Fifth Sunday after Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lectionary/Lec_5th_sunday-after-pentecost.htm

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (June 23)

      We have expanded our sermon offerings to include the sermons based on the Saturday Evening Gospel reading in addition to the regular Sunday Gospel reading.

      Sermons for the Fifth Sunday After Pentecost
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_5th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today: Habits are the Stairway to a Richer Life

      Little actions taken over time create profound lifetime habits that determine our destiny. Through our simple daily actions we ourselves create the patterns that become automatic through repetition in our lives. These automatic habits eventually determine our personality traits. Thought habits and mental attitudes go hand in glove with these actions. ...

      5. Featured: True Power, Even in The Church, Is in Serving Others - Pope Francis

      "For a Christian, true progress lies in humbling ourselves as Jesus did," according to Pope Francis. "True power is in service. There is no room for power struggles within the Church." ...

      6. A Servant's Heart: A Trialogue Sermon

      The Bible readings for today have to do with one of the most fundamental and important teachings of Jesus…on being a servant. And Jesus wants to transform our hearts from selfish hearts to servant hearts! ...

      7. The Way Up With God Is Down!

      God made the most radical decision -- the Divine plan is that the followers of Jesus Christ, with all their weaknesses, will build the Church of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not go to the rich or powerful or famous to gather troops for his movement. He chose the "rag-tag" crew on the Capernaum road and still chooses people like you and me to build the church and carry God's good news to a fractured world. ..

      8. Greatness, Humility and Servanthood

      Without humility we won't serve, or we will serve for the wrong reasons. It seems almost impossible to overstate how pervasive are the effects of humility in our lives. ...

      9. The Three Tests of a Servant Leader

      A servant leader can frequently be found working behind the scenes, taking the work no one else wished to tackle, seeing that others get the credit, and rejoicing when someone else succeeds and prospers. ...

      10. Family Special: Having and Raising Good Kids

      There is no magic formula for having kids, let alone having them turn out well. Many couples remain childless after years of agonizing prayer. And even miracle children, bathed in spiritual significance, carry with them no guarantees of piety....

      11. Health: Raising Smarter Kids: Why Nutrition Matters

      "Have you ever stopped to think about how children actually grow? Their developing brains, organs, and nervous systems are being built cell by cell during infancy and early childhood. Specifically, babies' brains grow faster from birth to three years than at any other time of life - and that growth is fueled by the food they eat!" ...

      12. Recipe: Easy Summer Salad

      This recipe keeps coming to mind when the first fresh corn of the season becomes available. Remembering how much I loved this recipe before, I got excited and forgot to cook the corn at all. Turns out the fresh young kernels were crunchy sweet and perfect raw. ...

      13. Inspirational: The One-Minute Graduation Speech

      Speakers are to graduations what turkeys are to Thanksgiving, except people are much more interested in a turkey on a platter than a turkey behind a podium. What we need is a good one-minute graduation speech. ...

      14. Humor: A.A.A.D.D. - Know The Symptoms!

      Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder. This is how it manifests. ...

      15. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew
      Malankara World