24791Re: What is the use of 'Cathedral' status to Churches??

  • drthomas_joseph
    May 14, 2013
      Our love of titles and decorations surpasses that of the Pharisees that our Lord condemned. When title-mania grips people, try contemplating on St. Matthew 23: 1-12 as medicine!

      Matt 23, 1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. ... 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, `Rabbi, Rabbi.' ... But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

      Regards,
      Thomas Joseph
      ID: 0202

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, "Varkey T.A." <takunjunju@...> wrote:

      > Dear Moderators,
      >
      > Recently it became a status symbol for many Churches in Malankara and outside India belongs to SOC & IOC, to get declared their churches as "Cathedral" Church!!
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic