24779Nineteenth Day to the abduction of Metropolitans.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    May 11, 2013
    11 May'13

    Nineteenth Day to the abduction of Metropolitans.

    The kidnapping of the two Metropolitan Archbishops of Aleppo, Mor Gregorios Yuhanna Ibrahim of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, and
    Paul Yazigi of the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch, entering into the Nineteenth Day.

    As per the recent information, kidnapped (on Monday 22 April'13) Metropolitan Archbishops are located in a town called Beshkatin Northwest of Aleppo. Both are in good health.

    Every prelate of the both churches Syriac and Greek is putting possible efforts now to facilitate the soonest possible release of the abducted archbishops from captivity.

    We the moderators of SOCMNet urge on our brothers and sisters of all peace promoting religions to denounce this act of terrorism and pray that the Lord keep them unharmed and return them as soon as possible to their suffering congregation.

    May the risen Lord continue to strengthen our Syriac Orthodox church and all Christians during these trials and tribulations,

    Amen.