24627Malankara World Journal - Palm Sunday and Annunciation to St. Mary - Issue 132

  • Jacob Mathew
    Mar 20, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal - Palm Sunday and Annunciation to St. Mary -
      Issue 132 (Mar 21, 2013) is available online at:

      TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 132

      Palm Sunday and Annunciation to St. Mary

      (Passion Week Special -2)

      1. Foreword

      PALM SUNDAY - BIBLE READINGS AND SERMONS

      2. Bible Readings for Palm Sunday (Mar 24)

      Hosanna/Palm Sunday

      3. Sermons for Palm Sunday (Mar 24)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_Palm-Sunday
      .htm

      ANNUNCIATION TO ST. MARY - BIBLE READINGS AND SERMONS

      4. Bible Readings for Annunciation to St. Mary (Mar 25)

      5. Sermons for Annunciation to St. Mary (Mar 25)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_annunciatio
      n_Mary.htm

      6. Malankara World Passion Week Supplement and Daily Reflections

      Malankara World has a supplement that provides detailed information about
      Passion Week including articles, prayers, sermons, etc. You will find it
      here:

      Passion Week Supplement in Malankara World

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lent/Passion/Default.htm

      Malankara World has developed a daily plan of bible readings, meditations,
      reflections, and prayers for Passion Week. You will find it here:

      Today in Passion Week

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Lent/Passion/Passion_Today_archives.ht

      PALM SUNDAY ARTICLES

      7. Featured: Are You Ready for Palm Sunday?

      In our Lenten journey, have we discovered that we are studies in contrasts?
      Did we begin with great aspirations and are now feeling more than ever our
      fickleness? If so, we are truly ready for Palm Sunday. Here is a study of
      the passion story from the Gospel and from OT and Epistles to understand
      what we will be encountering in Passion Week. ...

      8. Palm Sunday and What Jesus' Passion Means to Us

      Christ arrives a king triumphant today and dies as a criminal on Friday.
      Christ is honored with palm branches today and crowned with thorns on
      Friday. Christ is adored with singing today and mocked with jeers on
      Friday. Christ is born in victoriously on the foal of an ass today and
      bears the burden of the cross on Friday. ...

      9. Palm Sunday: Your King Is Coming!

      There is one exception -- that being an encounter with King Jesus. Jesus is
      a different kind of king. Whereas most royalty comes determined to rule, He
      comes determined to serve. Whereas most monarchs spend time building their
      egos with the perquisites of office, He comes with a totally disarming
      humility. Whereas most kings ride white stallions or majestic Boeing 747s,
      King Jesus rides a donkey. He knew what He was doing. ...

      ANNUNCIATION TO ST. MARY - ARTICLES

      10. To See What the End Shall Be - A Meditation on the Annunciation to St.
      Mary

      We are reading here of a pivotal moment in the history of mankind. God not
      only returns to his people but becomes one with them in the incarnation.

      And at this moment we do well to consider four aspects of this pivotal
      moment. As we do so, we consider, not only Mary's glories, but also ours in
      a subordinate but real way. For Mary is the perfect disciple and typifies
      in a most excellent way the glories that God also wishes to bestow on us,
      in perhaps a different but still substantial way. Lets look at for aspects
      of this Gospel. ...

      11. Jesus' Birth Foretold to Mary (Annunciation)

      Back in the days of Elizabeth and Mary, people got married at a younger age
      than people do today, often when they were teenagers. Mary may have been
      only sixteen or so when the angel Gabriel appeared to her and told her she
      would have a child. Imagine God coming to the earth through a teenager!

      12. Submitting to the Relentless God

      Why would God choose her (Mary)?

      Precisely because she has nothing to point back to herself. No impressive
      resume. Just a willing heart and open hands....

      GENERAL ARTICLES

      13. Health: Anti-ageing Superdrug Soon to be Reality: Scientist

      An Australian scientist believes he has invented a new class of super-drug
      that could prevent cancer and Alzheimer's disease. What's more, Professor
      David Sinclair said that his drugs have the potential to help some people
      enjoy a healthy life until the age of 150. However, this needs further
      research. The drugs may be available within five years, following the
      landmark work. ...

      14. Recipe: Pesaha Appam (INRI appam)

      If you are from North Kerala, the highlight of the Passion Week is the
      Pessaha Appam. The southerners are adapting this also. We give an authentic
      Northern recipe and an adapted Southern recipe for your tastebuds.

      15. Family Special: Five Suggestions for Holy Week

      Palm Sunday marks the beginning of the most solemn week of the Church's
      liturgical year. During Holy Week, the Church celebrates the mysteries of
      salvation accomplished by Christ in the last days of his earthly life,
      beginning with the triumphal entry into Jerusalem. ...

      16. About Malankara World
      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal
      online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew