24280“…we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.”

  • shibu podiyan
    Dec 5, 2012
      we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

      1 John 3:2-3: Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

      Lord Jesus, I look to your face. May my heart become like yours as I behold your face. As I look you, Lord, may my heart be purified by faith, Acts 15:9. May I see you now by faith in my trials, Lord, and be transformed into your image (2 Cor. 3:18), and kept pure for you. I trust you for grace, Lord, to purify my soul “in obeying the truth through the Spirit,” 1 Pet. 1:22 May your light shine in all the dark corners inside me, leading me to repentance, leaving no room for evil, thus purifying myself, as you are pure, hoping to see you as you are, Lord. Amen.

      Note from Acts 15:9 that our heart is purified by faith, and from 1 Pet. 1:22 that our soul is purified by obedience. Today – now – we are being transformed inside, our hearts being transformed like Jesus’ heart: a heart of love, a heart that hates sin, Heb. 1:9.

      Now we are being conformed to His image, moment, Rom.8:28-30, 2 Cor. 3:18. This is our preparation for a bodily resurrection like Christ’s at His appearing, our “lowly” body to be transformed like His glorious body (Phil. 3:21), our eyes seeing Him as He is, our whole being transformed to “be like Him,” 1 John 3:2.

      [2013 will dawn in a few days: now is the time to reflect, to give thanks, to renew our hopes, to be awake to the coming of the Lord.]

      Thankful for the hope to see the Lord,
      Bro.Shibu Luke podiyan
      Washington D.C