24106Re: Facts about the establishment of Catholicate of east

  • Dr. Leena Mathew
    Oct 15, 2012
      Dear Mr. Georgy,

      THE JACOBITE THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY AT UDAYAGIRI IS ALSO AFFILIATED TO SERAMPORE UNIVERSITY.
      NOW YOU KNOW WHOM TO EXCOMMUNICATE. BEST OF LUCK DR. LEENA. PLEASE DON'T ADOPT DOUBLE STANDARDS!

      If you think that you won the debate by making the above statement; you are in fool's paradise. I never said Augen was excommunicated for the above reason only. I can take my own decisions in my personal business. But I cannot take a decision by myself in my family business. In public business if I take a decision without discussing in the concern committee I will have to face the consequences.
      Mr.Dear Zach George Arapura,

      I AM NOT VERY SURE IF THE AFFILIATION WITH THE SERAMPORE UNIVERSITY WAS EVER A REASON FOR THE EXCOMMUNICATION OF BASELIOS AUGEN I. BUT IF IT WAS, THEN FOR WHAT REASONS THE AFFILIATION WAS CONSIDERED INAPPROPRIATE? ALSO, IF THE AFFILIATION WAS INAPPROPRIATE AT THAT POINT IN TIME, WHY IS IT OK NOW?

      The policies of any institute can change any time. When the policy of an institute is acceptable for another institute they work together. When they feel it unacceptable they cut the working partnership. More over one person or a group of people cannot take a decision in policy matters of Malankara Syriac Orthodox church without discussing in the Synod and Malankara association.
      Fr. Dr. George Varughese, South India,

      YOUR STATEMENT THAT AFFILIATING WITH A PROTESTANT SEMINARY IS AGAINST OUR FAITH IS HIGHLY DEBATABLE.

      First and foremost I would like to clarify that the above statement is your own. My statement is –
      The Protestant teachings are different from ours in many ways. Our Seminary, which is the basic teaching center for our priests, is better off being on its own.

      This is my opinion. I do believe that our priests should learn about our faith first and then must try to learn and understand others. I know all the other things you mentioned in your letter.

      I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW YOUR BACKGROUND AND THE CONTEXT FROM WHICH YOU SEND YOUR COMMENTS, IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE TO DO SO.

      I do not know you. I don't like to share anything about me to a stranger.
      With prayers,
      Leena
    • Show all 40 messages in this topic