24021I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies

  • Luke Shibu Podiyan
    Oct 1, 2012
      I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies

      Gen. 32:10: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant; for I crossed over this Jordan with my staff, and now I have become two companies. [When Jacob prayed thus, he was returning from Mesopotamia to Canaan; he was fearful of his brother who was coming to meet him, Gen. 32:3-11.]

      Help me to pray as Jacob prayed, Lord, in humility, especially in times of fear. Your mercies have followed me all my life to this day Lord, Ps.23: 6. I bless you, knowing I am not worthy. I bless you for your truth you open up to me day after day, so I may learn to do your will. Unworthy as I am Lord, let me humble myself and commit myself to your keeping. Amen.

      Jacob was very humble in prayer (I am not worthy�), and remembered God's mercies and truth; the same humility may be seen when he wrestled with the angel in Gen. 32:25,26 - see Hos. 12:3,4: ...Yes, he struggled with the Angel and prevailed; He wept, and sought favor from Him�.

      Paul said in 1 Cor. 15:10: But by the grace of God I am what I am. The Psalmist prayed in Ps. 23:6: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

      Quote: Humility wrestles with God, like Jacob, and wins by yielding. Thomas Adams

      For Prayer: (1) U.S Presidential election for God's intervention to keep this nation as a land of hope. (2) As the last quarter of 2012 begins, let us seek God in repentance. Please consider reading the book of Haggai only two short chapters.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Bro Luke Shibu Podiyan
      Washington D.C