24011Spiritual Words. Fast and Prayer announcement

  • Mark Sadek
    Oct 1, 2012
      The Church has announced three day Fast and Prayer for the Papacy selection October 1-3, 2012

      "Peter was first given the keys, but then he was allowed to fall into sin by denying Christ; and so his pride was humbled by his fall. Do not be surprised, then, if after receiving the keys of spiritual knowledge you fall into various evil thoughts. Glorify our Lord, for He alone is wise: through setbacks of this kind He restrains the presumption that we tend to feel because of our advance in the knowledge of God. Trials and temptations are the reins whereby God in His providence restrains our human arrogance."

      St. John of Karpathos.

      "Walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." Ephesians 5:2