23945Kuwait, St. George Universal Syrian Orthodox Reesh Church.

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Sep 18, 2012
      Greetings to all

      Forty years back a small group of 13 families from different parts of Kerala, working in Kuwait came together with their utmost love for the Jacobite Syrian Orthodox faith, traditions and their submission to the spiritual authority to the Patriarch of Antioch & All the East. Months of correspondence and requests culminated with an Episcopal visit of the patriarchal delegate Kadavil H.G. Mor Athanasius Poulose to Kuwait, seeking the welfare and needs of the faithful. On 14th September 1973, Thirumeni celebrated holy Qurbono and the parish was formed.

      From the humble beginning good Lord had provided and blessed the St. George Universal Syrian Orthodox Reesh Church members, their families and this land beyond anybody's dream. Currently with over 600 families from all over Malankara Jacobite church residing in Kuwait, we the children of this great Church remember all who worked, prayed and contributed to the growth of this parish all these years and thank God for his blessings and reaffirm our love and faith to the Church, the Patriarch, the Catholicose, the Metropolitans and the Priests.

      We are blessed to announce in this joyous occasion of the 40th Parish day celebrations with lot of pride and joy the Holy Apostolic visit of H.H. Moran Mor Ignatius Zaka Iwas I, the Patriarch of Antioch & all the East, Catholicose H B Baselios Thomas I along with a number of Metropolitans, Religious heads, Political leaders & Diplomats.

      Requesting all your continued prayers and blessings on this historic moment.

      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/2012/Images/holy%20visit%20at%20kuwait.jpg

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member # 2908
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic