23903when we were still without strength

  • Shibu Luke Podiyan
    Sep 10, 2012
      when we were still without strength

      Rom. 5:6: For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

      [The Amplified Bible renders the above verse as: While we were yet in weakness [powerless to help ourselves], at the fitting time Christ died for (in behalf of) the ungodly.�]

      When I am without strength, Lord, let me remember that you died for me, and confess that you are my strength. When I am in weakness, Lord - this is the fitting time� for me to remember that you died for me. When I am needy for you, Lord, I am in a blessed state. It is my due time� to receive grace. Let me remember your cross, and be strengthened to take up my cross. I commit myself to you, Lord. Amen.

      May our weakness drive us to Christ as a hurting child is drawn to
      its mother. When we are weak, let us remember the death of Christ: how He died in weakness, 2 Cor. 13:4, but committed Himself to God, Luke 23:46. Let us by faith be identified with Christ in our weakness: Let us commit ourselves to God remembering that Jesus died for us, and trust Him to raise us up by His resurrection life.

      in due time Christ died for the ungodly�: There indeed was a due time, in history for Christ to die, but as we remember the death of
      Christ now in our need in our weakness it is truly our due time� or fitting time� to receive grace. The Lord helps us now, this moment. Let us trust Him.

      Quote: Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe. St. Augustine, 354 - 430 A.D

      Thankful for your prayers,

      Shibu Luke Podiyan

      Washington D.C