23879Re: Kaumo prayers in a wrong way

  • Chev.Babu Jacob Nadayil
    Sep 6, 2012
      Dear & Respected Jose Achen,

      I want to say 'Amen' to Achen's suggestions and notion on the subject.

      Also Achen, kindly clarify this item that is very often a concern or confusion for many when reciting 'Hail Mary, full of grace' part of the prayer in Malayalam. The English version 'Hail Mary, full of grace, our Lord is with thee...' has no problem; but in Malayalam we see & hear two different versions for the word 'OUR'. Some of our prayer books show 'Njangalude' for the word 'our' and many faithful recite it as 'njangalude' while praying, specially people from north area of Malankara. Most faithful from other areas of Malankara recite it as 'nammalude' as it means that the Lord is the Lord for everyone including St.Mary. When we pray together along with faithful from all over Malankara it is bothersome as some recite 'Njangalude Kartthaavu' and some say 'nammalude Kartthavu' for the words 'our Lord'. A clarification on this issue by the learned of this Forum may help many. Thanks.

      Chev.Babu Jacob Nadayil
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic