23388Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Jun 3, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine.” (Daniel 1:8)

      A lady from Kerala still wears the Indian traditional dress - saree (from 1962 till date).

      Determination, before doing anything is the force behind success and blessings of any venture and challenges. Day to day we are at pressure to bend according to the winds of life that we face. We need to resolve and determine to keep our eternal principles and values under all circumstances. Our eternal reward is worth any suffering we may have to endure.

      Daniel resolved not to eat the royal food, either because it was forbidden by Jewish law, such as pork or because accepting the king’s food and drink was the first step toward depending on his gifts and favours. Although Daniel was in a culture that did not honour God, he still obeyed God’s laws. It is a lifelong determination. It is easier to resist temptation if you have thought through your convictions before the temptation arises. When temptation comes, you will be ready to say no.

      Susan, a fair, tall and intelligent lady landed in Canada in 1962 as a 23 year old. She was determined not to sway by the dress code and culture of Canada. Her interactions with the people here did not influenced her to change her dress code and still wears the traditional Indian saree. Now in her 70s, she still wears sarees even though the majority of malayalees switch to western clothes. She has inspired and motivated hundreds of people to be proud about the greatness of their own culture, a trait which needs to be passed down to our next generation.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us be your ambassadors on this earth and follow all your eternal laws. Let our generation not be swayed by the earthly, trivial culture and values. We pray for people like Susan who keep up their values with determination. Let us be tolerant with others. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Saturday, 2nd June 2012
    • Show all 442 messages in this topic