22573Re: MALANKARA ASSOCIATION MEETING

  • Varkey Titus
    Feb 20, 2012
      Dear Chev. Adv. Philip,

      Thanks for your message. I had expressed this concern in my earlier message. As we can see from IOC's list of Kottayam Diocese, the Sr. Nos. 70 - 110 are all Jacobite Churches. They purposely not given the names of the Priests and laymen representing these churches. The cunning people included not only the Manarcad Cathedral, but even our Diocesan Metropolitan's Aramana Church (St. Joseph's Cathedral), as THEIR Church in the list!!!!! What a joke and pity!!! May be it is by chance they have omitted the 'Outside Kerala/India' Jacobite churches from their list, as they may not have the correct names or any further details to claim on it!!!!

      As I mentioned in my previous message, it is the duty of our hierarchy and/or the 'officials' of our church to act against this to protect our churches from the legal trap, IOC want to create for us. But it is astonishing to see that 10% of our concern on this subject is not shown by our hierarchy or the so called 'Church Officials'!!! They may have different opinion on it, but to clear our concern, they should come out from their hermit and speak to us.

      May God save our Church.

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      Member Id# 1024

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Chev. Adv. Philip John wrote:

      > DEAR FRIENDS,
      >
      > 1] This is not the first time this is happening. I know that the Orthodox Church have parallel parish committee, Vicar etc in each of the Jacobite Churches. They have Vicar, Trustees, Committee members allotted to Manarcad Church.
      >
      > They may not have seen the inside of the Church but still claim the status on paper. They feel that on a future day, some Court will decide in their favour,
      >
      > 2] The list of Association members published by the Orthodox Church contain reference to Jacobite Parish Churches.
      >
      > This is deliberately done to create an impression legally that these churcges are continuing as un its of MALANKARA ASSOCIATION.
      >
      > 3] It is up to the LEADERSHIP OF JACOBITE CHURCH to protest and take appropriate steps.
      >
      > IT IS TRULY SURPRISING TO NOTICE THAT THE LEADERSHIP IS SILENT AND INACTIVE.
      >
      > REGDS,
      > PHILIP P J,
      > MEMBERSHIP NO-187
      > KOCHI