21481Re: KOLENCHERY UPDATE

  • Eldo
    Sep 14, 2011
      "The very unfortunate news is that, the issue could have been easily solved today noon itself, if the Orthodox faction had co-operated." Message 21461

      The question is, why would they co-operate? The way things stand there are 3 outcomes to the issue.
      1. Give right of worship to JSOC.
      2. Take 100% control by IOC.
      3. Close down the church.

      From IOC's perspective if they reject all meditations they can achieve either option 2 or 3 and they are perfectly happy with both of these options. It is not their church and they have no issues with closing down of the church. If the exact same situation were happening in IOC controlled Parumala church, they would have come to the negotiation table with a completely different mind set.

      The only silver lining in the whole episode is that we have a working democracy in India. IOC can get what ever judgement they want by bribing the judiciary, but they can not bribe the entire population of Kerala. And that is our only hope.

      "If you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.

      If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.

      If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself."

      -Sun Tzu in The Art of War.

      Best,
      Eldo
      Member ID: 4135

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Dawn Baby Varghese For SOCM News wrote:

      > The very unfortunate news is that, the issue could have been easily
      > solved today noon itself, if the Orthodox faction had co-operated. > In Prayers,
      >
      > Dawn Baby Varghese,
      > Puthencruz
      > For SOCM News

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic