20404Blessed Theophylact

  • Mark Sedrak
    Apr 2, 2011
      Whenever the Lord spoke of His passion on the cross, He would precede and follow His words with miracles, so that no one could think that He would suffer because He was powerless. And when He spoke sad words, such as, they shall kill Him, He would add words of joy, He shall rise the third day, teaching us that gladness always follows after grief, and that we should not anguish needlessly in our sorrows, but should hope for better things.

      Blessed Theophylact, Archbishop of Ochrid and Bulgaria
      From The Explanation of the Gospel of St. Mark
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic