19582Re: New Bishops for JSOC

  • Mathew G M
    Jan 5, 2011
      Dear Eldo,

      I am not a moderator. But I know one thing, we dont' know what criteria Jesus Christ used to select his disciples. We know that Jesus Christ is God and being God he know the hearts of people, he know the past, present and the future. We as ordinary people dont have a way of knowing the hearts of people, we don't know the future either.

      A better question was how did the Apostle's select their successor. Acts 1: 21-26 gives us a good description of how they did it. Among the believers they chose two qualified men; then they cast lots and elected St. Matthias to take the place of Judas, that had fell vacant.

      Now, another question arises. Is Bangalore diocese really vacant. No. We have H.G Diascoros. So don't understand the need for one more Bishop for the church.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Eldo Kurian wrote:

      > Dear moderator
      > Is the below critieria follwed by JESUS CHRIST to select HIS followers? As per biblical study!
      >
      > Eldo Kurian
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic