19255Re:A Metran Kakshi priest's ramblings

  • Dipu George
    Dec 4, 2010
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. George Thankachan wrote:

      > Dear Mr. Mathew George,
      >
      > You said,

      ...... I have made it clear in SOCM Forum many times that I am not a fundamentalist or extremist. I do respect the members of the Jacobite faction and invariably do remember the name of the patriarch of Antioch in every holy Qurbana I celebrate. But I cannot digest some false teachings that have evolved in your side. Try to learn and compare the history of both sides -a history wriiten based on historiography. It is not the emotions but the prudence that must administer you.

      Shlomo " Fr " George Thankachan,

      Remembering the name of our Moran Patriarch should be done publically and heard by the people attending the Qurbana not just in private!
      Do you have the Holy Courage to do that?

      The Syriac Orthodox Faithful especially me adhere to historical facts written by Most Rev Kaniamparambil Achen. if you have read that then you wouldn't be saying about Church History.

      Humility is also a virtue for all Christians ..... How much better it would be if certain clergy in India had followed it. I meant the Indian Orthodox Church.

      The only option is to accept the Metran kakshis as a Sister Church.

      There is only one Throne for the Syriac Orthodox Church.The Throne of St Peter.
      To the SOC Vattasseril is not a saint. Excommunication of the Indian Orthodox Clergy has to be removed.
      There can be no two thrones in a Church.

      As a sister Church then of course dialogues can take place for inter-communion. Till then we should restrain ourselves.

      Please don't eyewash the faithful who read this forum often.
      May your Faith save you.

      In Christ

      D George