19246Re:A Metran Kakshi priest's ramblings

  • Mathew George
    Dec 4, 2010
      Dear Fr. George,

      I have absolutely no problem in addressing you as a Priest.. But please do not read too much into it. I am just being civil. You are sad about the hardline taken by a few in this forum but on the other hand congratulate fanatics in the IO community..( which prompted my first posting in fact ). It is such hypocrisy which is my problem with you. I saw and fully understood what you mean by "respecting others" when you sermoned about 'a devil building the church'.. We know your types for what you are. So it is not necessary to put up a facade of being a victim when you yourself is no better.

      You quote Malachi 2: 7 and John 10:4.. So let me also take the liberty of quoting from the scriptures and summarise the whole problem in Malankara church of which you are one of the minor constituents. You can extend this summarisation to the head of your church, the most holy Kunnamkulam Catholicose.

      John 1: 1-5 -"Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a strangers voice."( NIV )

      If you and those high above you understand the above passage in its fullest meaning by substituting 'Pharisees' with 'Metran Kakshis', our present problems in the church will disappear.

      All the problem is because a stranger who is not recognised by the sheep is trying to enter the sheep pen through the roof and windows. And the funny thing about this intruder is that - he is of the view 'let the sheep stay or perish, I am not bothered.... what I am bothered is about getting possession of the sheep pen'.

      Of course you ave made it clear on SOCM forum that you are not a fundamentalist.. But you act on the contrary in your own community. This is what we call hypocrisy. We call them wolves in sheep's clothing. There are a few others of your category and with experience we have come to recognise your types.

      If you mean by the false teachings whch have evolved on our side, the basis on which authority is claimed by the Patriarch on Malankara church, your understanding is flawed and your knowledge limited. It is not just because he is the successor to St. peter.

      If you mean by the false teachings which have evolved on our side, the chief Apostleship of St. Peter, the Syrian orthodox church follows the Orthodox teaching on this as handed over to us by the early church fathers and the syrian liturgy that we follow.. nothing more and nothing less.

      Have you not seen the false teachings which have evolved in your side ?

      I can show at least fifty differences between what the united church believed prior to 1909 and what your faction teaches now..

      And believe me fr... I am a very enthusiastic student of church history. And when learning history, I do it with a very open mind.

      Regarding the Gospels, let me repeat... no Gospel is the exact copy of the other. The statement that you have made is my exact question.. Just because two apostles do not mention anything about the Ascension, does it reduce the importance of ascension ? The same is true for the Birth of our Lord, the most important event in Christianity. Not every Evangelist mentions about this. Was it because it was less important ?

      Use the same logic for the "Rock" issue.

      Now let me advice you in turn - 'Please make an analytical study of the holy Bible and follow Christ our creator instead of following the creation blindly'. ( It is a sincere request and I am not displaying arrogance here ).

      God Bless !
      Mathew George
      ID 4555
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic